Translate to another language

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Letter from a new US resident: Lee Siu Hin

CONGRATULATIONS Lee, and don't forget "We are all Migrants"

Lee Siu Hin: New Chapter of My Life


Friends:


This is personal, but I though want to share with everyone..
After years of waiting, I just got a call from my immigration lawyer today and my green card application (permanent U.S. resident) has been approved.


It took me over 5 years of process--includes two and half years of green card applications, with tens of thousands of dollars spend on the paper work, and the risks I had been facing when I organizing for peace and justice while my status in this country was unclear.


I had been a serious financial and emotional challenges for me and I am grad this is finally over and I can move to the next stage of my life (although, I am kinda missed loosing my "undocumented" title from my activism resume).


I want to tell people who oppose immigrant rights--they have no ideas what they are talking--It's not easy to apply for a permanent U.S. residency--the flawed, even racist U.S. immigrant policies forced many people become undocumented or risks their lives to cross the border--because the "legal" application process is almost impossible. However, the "legal" immigrant exploitation allows to enslave valuable immigrant community for sweatshop jobs.


Therefore, although I am "legal" now, I will not forget and abandoned my fellow millions of oppressed and enslaved immigrant communities, and continue to fight for the justice for the immigrant communities--because I believes one fall, we all fall.


Since I didn't wrote my new year message this year, I still want my 2008 New Year resolution (as same as from the previous year)


Peace On Earth
End All Hunger
Justice For Everyone
One True Love
Lee Siu Hin


Former USAS Coordinating Committee Member (2003-2005)
USAS-Immigrant Solidarity Working Group


National Coordinator

National Immigrant Solidarity Network
http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org

ActionLA Coalition
http://www.ActionLA.org

Peace NO War Network
http://www.PeaceNOWar.net

No comments: